Wildsound Studios was established by Mike Idioma -
one of the most-renowned sound engineers in the Philippines.
HOW WE STARTED
With the help of his wife Timi, his brother Manny, and close-knit friends Alex Tomboc and Karen Tiangco, the company started in 2003 as a live sound production and rentals group, providing materials and services for shoot recording needs. The 3-floor apartment of the Idioma's at P. Lopez, Mandaluyong served as the first company office with the equipment in one floor and another as the location for commercial shoot.
In 2007, the company's clients grew in number and the demand for a mixing studio arose. The group decided to the request of the clients, thus, the Makati office was established. Since then, Wildsound continued to offer its clients two major services:
the live and post production for audio.
While the company enjoyed its success, there were also challenges that came along the way as it is true with every business. Some key players left for another country, some to shifted career paths, growing government demands... But amidst all the struggles, applicants came in almost from everywhere around the country. Through the successes and lapses, certain changes were made and improvements on the side of management and administration, operations and procedures were carefully planned and realized.
WHAT WE OFFER
THE ONLY CERTIFIED DOLBY ATMOS STUDIO IN THE PHILIPPINES,
AND THIRD IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
It boasts of its 7 studios, 4 mixing suites, all in multi-format mixing and mastering (7.1 & 5.1). Three studios are dedicated for ADR (dubbing), sound effects, foley and 35mm optical transfer. The biggest suite houses the Philippines' first ever Dolby Atmos mixing suite, and was designed with the help of Waters Storyk Design Group of New York, USA, an international architectural and acoustical design firm specializing in critical listening environments.
Other than film audio post-production, Wildsound Studios also offers services and expertise to the following:
- Livesound: Production sound recording
- Dolby Atmos mix and mastering for feature films and conversion of TV advertisements for cinema exhibition
- Audio services for television programs (tele-series, documentaries, network merchandise plugs, regular shows and foreign translation to Filipino or English, television and radio commercials, etc.)
- Theme park attraction sound design
- Special on-location DCP set-up viewing
- Color grading with cinema projector
- Mastering: Digital Cinema Package (DCP) for feature films and commercials
- Film soundtrack restoration and remix to multi-format system