It is the process of creating the soundtrack for moving images.
Ever since the once silent movies developed a prerecorded track, filmmakers have been looking to control and improve the quality of the sound of their visions. As soon as movie makers realized there was a way to control and enhance the sound of their pictures, audio post was born and has been fact of life ever since.
What is involved in audio post?
It usually consists of several processes. Each different project may need some or all of these processes in order to be complete.
The processes are:
- Production Dialogue Editing
- ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement or Looping)
- Sound Effects Design and Editing
- Foley Mixing and Editing
- Music Composition and Editing
- AVID/ Pro Tools System (DAW)
- Icon ES 32 D-Control
- NEC 900C Digital Cinema Projection System
- Dolby DSS220 Server
- Dolby Cinema Processor for 5.1 and 7.1 Format